Tuesday 24 September 2013

Review Dandoh

DANDOH, A Tale From Vast Field

This sport anime is very very rare. You know why? Because it uses golf as its theme. I know this series from the manga (japanese comic) when I was in college. The story is very interesting. The main chara, in the beginning, is not a golf player. He was a baseball player. The main chara, Dandoh, studies golf with his two friends. Before I read this manga, I don’t accept if golf is a sport. Do you know why? Because I don’t see the player make sweat from their body. After I read this manga, I knew the hard stuff from this sport. The stick bag is very heavy. I knew it from the manga. I don’t know the real weight because I never meet the real stick bag.

The player have to know the map or the position of the hole. So, they can minimize the punch of the ball. If they can minimize the attack, the score will be higher. Hole in one is the highest score because it is very very rare to happen.

The bad point from the anime is the ending. The story is not full or completed as in the manga. Anime is just 25 episode although the manga has 29 volume (maybe, I don’t remember it very well). In the manga, the ending, Dandoh is going to chalengge his master.

The journey from Dandoh become one of the best player golf is so touching. He never do cheat in the game. He never give up to play golf. He always hit the ball whereever the ball landing. In the tree, on the sand and another difficult places. He just give up one time when the ball is placed near the eggs of bird on the tree. He didn’t want to hit and make chaos in that place. He really loves another being. Almost his enemies becomes his friends in the end. You have to try to read this manga. Oh, sorry. This is an anime review. Thanks reader!! (24 September 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment